Tuesday, February 20, 2007

AND THE WINNER IS:





With only five days until Oscar night, here is my list of the movies and people who I think will be winners. You heard it here first! I’ll be sure to check it on Sunday 25th to see if the real winners match the ones on my list


Best Picture: "Babel" (I'll be looking closely at The Departed too)

Best Actor: Forest Whitaker, "The Last King of Scotland." (So much talk, he is sure to wine it)

Best Actress: Helen Mirren, "The Queen" (I also thought Kate Winslet in "Little Children" also deserves an Oscar)

Best Supporting Actor: Jackie Earle Haley, "Little Children" (I'll be looking closely at Eddie Murphy too)

Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls" (So much talk, she is sure to win it)

Achievement in Directing: Martin Scorsese, "The Departed" (It's about time)

Best Foreign Language Film: "Pan's Labyrinth," Mexico (It's in Spanish otherwise I'll be voting for "Volver" too)

Best Animated Feature Film: "Happy Feet" (Great on the IMAX Super Screen)

Original Score: "Babel," Gustavo Santaolalla (The music touched me)

Documentary Feature: "Shut Up & Sing", erm I mean the nominated "An Inconvenient Truth" (SAVE THE PLANET!)

Cinematography: "Pan's Labyrinth”, Guillermo Navarro (The colour and lighting looks brilliant on screen)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bruce Wagner said...

Have you actually SEEN all of those movies!?

I think I'd go BROKE!

I usually only go an watch the ones that win the most awards and nominations... AFTER the Oscars..

:)

Do you see EVERY new film that comes out?

I don't understand how people can do that --- time-wise, money-wise, and simply knowing which ones to see (or do they see EVERYTHING that comes out)...?

February 22, 2007 4:49 PM  
Blogger Hamilton said...

yes i've seen most of the movies that have been nominated. last year i spent most of my sundays at the movie theater and i often watched up to 4 movies at a time, with only the need to pay for one.
also my work allows me to take out dvds, movie screeners, as my boss is the academy we recieve all the movies that are nominated.

H

thanks for reading :-)

February 24, 2007 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home